PUBLIC SERVICE (since 1977)
I continue to be active in two facets of the application of Botany to public concerns: Ornamental Horticulture and Conservation.
1. Served on editorial board, Madrono, published by California Botanical Society.
2. Former president, Washington Native Plant Society, and current co-editor of society’s newsletter (DOUGLASIA).
3. Former member, DNR’s Advisory Council on Washington Natural Heritage Program.
4. Garden club talks, several per year.
5. Continuing Education: 1985-present: Gardening with Native Plants; Ornamental Plants of UW Campus and Arboretum; Washington Wildflowers
6. Member Advisory Council, Center for Plant Conservation (to 1993).