- Short courses for Center for Urban Horticulture
- UW Extension and North Cascades Institute
- Botany graduate student seminar/tutorials.
PUBLIC SERVICE (since 1977)
I continue to be active in two facets of the application of Botany to public concerns: Ornamental Horticulture and Conservation.
- Served on editorial board, Madrono, published by California Botanical Society.
- Former president, Washington Native Plant Society, and current co-editor of society’s newsletter (DOUGLASIA).
- Former member, DNR’s Advisory Council on Washington Natural Heritage Program.
- Garden club talks, several per year.
- Continuing Education: 1985-present: Gardening with Native Plants; Ornamental Plants of UW Campus and Arboretum; Washington Wildflowers
- Member Advisory Council, Center for Plant Conservation (to 1993).